Monday 6 October 2014

The Start of a New Research Project

 The History of Men's Formal Attire.

From starting this project I want to highlight certain aspects I wish to cover:- I want to cover general silhouette of men's formal wear, techniques used to construct key garments of that era, fabrics used and other points of interest. Key time periods I will cover:-
Medieval/ Dark Ages
Tudors
Elizabethan/Renaissance
The Stuarts
Georgian
Regency
Victorian
Edwardian
1920-1940
1950-2000

From my observations of first starting this project I've realised that information is not as readily available as with females fashion. I think this might be because men's fashion did not change as frequently as women's or as dramatical. It was mainly changed by changing cuts of jackets, trousers or shirts.
This is a good starting reference. Credit to:- http://terrizae.deviantart.com/art/Western-Fashion-Timeline-205570036

No comments:

Post a Comment