Friday 24 January 2014

Fixing the mold


All of the molds turned out fine which was very helpful. They just need to be cleaned up and checked for an imperfections like were cracks had formed in the clay. After they were removed I washed them and left them to dry.

I realsied now I should have considered putting air vents and/or making holes in the silicorn while doing the casting process. This would have made putting the resin in alot easier and avoiding large air bubbles.

I checked to see if the straws would melt in the resin but they didn't. I'm going to used them to keep the holes open while I inject the resin.

I will not  be casting in resin anymore as there is no pigments to change the colour and if I do it the way its meant to be done it will turn out too dark. I will be using jeminite to make up the doll. Its cheaper and takes longer to cure. I am doing tests to see what type of grade to use; either the 300 or the 400 and if i need to put in fibres to help the pieces stay together.

I looked up different ways to cast the doll and different ways to minimise bubbles such as tapping the bottom or using a gravity or vaccum machine to get rid of bubbles. in the process.

New head


No comments:

Post a Comment