Tuesday 11 February 2014

First Day Back in Costume

I've really enjoyed my first day back in costume. Seeing what shows are going on in the department and what shows we've been given to focus on. I'm on Legally blonde and Hamlet for now which I am so excited about. We've also started to talk about the management project for this term which will be for Opera; I've already started to make notes of things to include in this project so as to give me a good starting point. I really want to take on the management rule next year but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I'm hoping this project will help me see how I could achieve this and if I would be a good manager though evaluating the skills that a good manager should have.

Today I started to get into the habit of taking my time when doing alterations and adjustments; hoping this will help me improve from last team and help me keep a more level head when I get stressed. I've also started to double check any doubles I may have when doing adjustments to a garment. I also learned to use the invisible hemmer for the first time which makes life so much easier when it comes to hemming garments. I think it's good to know both ways though because in future  might not have one to hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment