Tuesday 18 March 2014

Edwardian Corset

Since we finished the hat project we moved onto corsets. I choice to do a Edwardian corset as I'd never tried to make one of those styles before. I've done 18th Century and Victorian. I love how different corsets create different shapes with the body.



















I picked a beautiful pattern which is called the straight front Edwardian corset. I want to try a later Elizabethan corset and a French corset .
I've enjoyed trying out the techniques that Christine uses when making corsets like how she does the boning, doubling it up. I want a simple corset with a lace top like in the picture above. Means I can wear it outside of my clothes or under clothes.

I printed off  the paper for Hamelet today. I'm disappointed we missed the last meeting as we were on Legally Blonde.I would have prioritised Hamelet as first. I would have liked to have seem how Gillian resolved the problems of costume numbers and makes though from what I can tell from what other people said I would have dealt with it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment