Tuesday 8 April 2014

Tutu making Starts

For this I will be using a childs sized bodice and tutu blocks so as to minimise costs but still be able to aquire the skills to make a full sized bodice. I will not be boningthis bodice as it is not needs for a childs bodice and I aready have experience in boning from making corsets and other structured bodices. 

I will be starting with the bodice as I will be able to make this at home over easter. Hazel told me that when she makes a tut she starts from the tutu up and it's easier to fit then but she talk me it shouldn't matter too much.

I will need:
A heavy cotton drill for the under bodice
Top fabric e.g satin, lace, cotton, silk etc.
Pipping
Bias binding
Any embellishment for the design

I've kept my design very simple just with different coloured panels in cream, green and purple with black lace over the top and some lace inserts with some jewels to finish it off. It's more important to learn the techinques than the design at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment