Tuesday 8 April 2014

Tutu Step by Step: Bodice part 1


  1. I started of by cutting out all my pieces of fabric; cutting two of each piece in the cotton drill (the purple fabric in this case) and my top fabrics (The green and ivory fabric).
  2. Next I ironed all the pieces flat and placed them on top of each other before hand tacked them together so they can be used as one piece of fabric.
  3. I tea stained my lace inserts to match the ivory fabric before tacking them ! cm away from the end of the fabric so that when I make the seam the will still be visible.
  4. Next I iorned all my pieces again to make sure they are all flat.
  5. Overlock the edges of all my fabric. (If I wasn't at home I might have just over locked the together without hand tracking but I wanted it to be more secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment