Tuesday 22 April 2014

Before Easter

Before Easter:-
During my time on Legally Blonde I learned quite a bit. I've realised how hard it is to step away from a show after the hour call. I could only do maintenance, checks in the morning, ironing that's about it. However it really made me realise that we are wardrobe department not laundry, we do fittings and make costumes not dressing as a first priority on shows. However I realised that being back stage to see how to help with quick changes on shows can help, for example magnets, poppers, zips, elastic in shoes etc.

Mangment:-
I'm so nervous about this management because it seems to be going no where because of lack on info. I'm so glad that we have an extension because I don't feel like I have enough to talk about for 1000 words. The only thing I could talk about is at what info I don't have and how it's effected the costumes and time.

Opera:-
It was really nice to see all the costumes together as one unit. I love the style of the design and I can't wait to see it on the stage. It was interesting to see what notes can get done with not long to go and staff shortages. It was interested to see how the period pieces like the flyered trousers and suits got pulled in. It's interesting  to see how the director has final say on designs and look of the show really. The director seemed to be making a lot of big decisions. It's interesting to see how much he was paying attention to the body shapes of his cast and making sure it actually suits them and how they move.


No comments:

Post a Comment