Thursday 28 May 2015

Day 11-12


I spent the day working on the lining and finer details of the jacket as the seam tape still hasn't arrived and I'm starting to try and think of other options for completing the jacket. I attached the belt piece to the back of the jacket. I stitch fake buttonholes to the belt before stitching a belt on top of them. I placed it between the side back pleats setting the buttons in the centre of the seams.

I moved back onto the lining now that I don't need any more access to the inside of the back of the jacket. I attached the edges of the lining to the jacket and then pressed the seams of the pleats back of themselves so that the lining pleats could sit over them. I then pinned them together while I hand stitched the edge of the lining with a fell stitch. I encountered a problem with the lining at this stage. Lining up the box pleat with the lining and the fact the pleat sits inside the jacket so the lining either needs an extra piece like a semi circle piece to encase the edges of the pleat or bias binding can be attached to enclose the raw edges. I've opted for the bias binding option before placing the back pleats over it. To fix the problem of how the back pleat sits I stitched the lining to the lines of the pleat with white thread until it can be properly ironed and then they can be removed. The lining does however fit which was very encouraging and lines very beautifully inside the jacket which make me very happy. I could have left the bottom edge open but I think the weight is needs for the bottom edge for movement.

The final part I was able to complete at this time was to gather the sleeve head and attached my rope/cord detail to the edge of my sleeves. I found a pattern online to follow. I left extra for the sleeve edges and used pins to hold the parts in place and the stitched them before hand stitching it to the edges of the sleeves.





No comments:

Post a Comment