Monday 25 May 2015

Day 6-8

So I discovered that the tartan fabric I picked is terrible for stretching... Even though I backed it with calico and the flower lining fabric. It still keeps stretching out of place. The cutting process took me a whole day just to make sure everything was cut and over-locked at the edges to stop the pattern pieces from miss-shaping. Once that was completed the out shell came together very quickly but the Hong Kong finish does take some time to complete and I realised I hadn't bought enough for the whole jacket so I've left the sleeves until last. When researching the Hong Kong finish I found to ways to do the technique. Both of them work, one takes longer than the other but the final out come is noticeably different. See picture above. The top is a technique similar to putting on bias binding with the top stitching visible as the final edge. The other is you iron in half  and sew both sides at the same time cutting out time but it does not leave much of the seam visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment