Tuesday 9 December 2014

Panto Week 8 Rage Aganist the Panto

I managed to complete my two costumes by the deadline which I was more than happy about. Considering the fact I thought we had until the beginning of Panto to get them all finished. I still managed. I would have liked it though if we could have gotten a break down our our deadlines so we could share out our time better so we could see how much needed done in the time given. It has been fun however doing this process. Seeing how one pattern can be changed and made up into another costume. Its a good trick we you don't have that much time but need everyone to look different.



I started on a girls costume which I thought went very well. The steel hoop to hold the skirt out was a plan to work with but it gave be an insight into how a Elizabethan skirt would work. It was interesting to see how much had to be considered when making it for example how to stop the top circle from caving in even with the hoop and how the hoop had to be split at the back for the zip. Sore hands and broken needles all that week.

To say that was angry at this next part is quite a big understatement however I'm trying to see the learning curl in it and what I have gained from the experience and also what to do when this will happen again. My second actor dropped out of Panto for other work with 1 and a half weeks to go to Panto. I don't like having time wasted when we have so little time left for Panto. But it does now mean that the girl playing the goose now has a costume to wear. It didn't need to much altering and I was glad it was still being used. It was also interesting to see how to make a man's costume looks more feminine and fit for a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment