Tuesday 9 December 2014

Panto Week Three (First Fitting) Victim One


9/10/2014-15/10/2014






















I had my first fitting with Lorne. In general I think it went really well. Nothing needed let out which was great, it's so much easier to take up and take in than let out, it also means I can use these pieces to back my fabric I use for the garments.

I moved onto Daniel's costume which is going to be a combination of the far left jacket body with the sleeves of the second one in from the left. The trousers will be bagger and pulled in at the bottom. The pattern was a lot easier to make up as Daniel and Lorne are very similar sizes so only the sleeves and trousers need to be made. I tried out some decorative construction ideas to pull the bottom of the sleeve in. For a chores costume and Panto it is overly fussy but it's a lovely techinque to keep in mind for another garment. Gillian gave me more ideas of how to speed making garments for when I'm making more than one. Such as not pinning the pattern down but use weights and tailors choke to draw round. If the person isn't available for a fitting just make it up to be fitted in the real fabric. I was very pleased with how quickly it came together.






















After that costume was ready to go, I went back onto Lorne costume and started to mark up the measurements on the pattern. Only when I was half way through did I find out we don't need a master copy of the patterns. It was a waste of a day but I needed to do it for the sleeves because I learned to make an on grown gusset. That was a very useful technique to learn for panto and musical theatre because it looks better than a put in gusset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment