Tuesday 19 November 2013

Panto Day 15 Final Fitting

Date: 19/11/13

Well I'm not going to lie today wasn't the best. I'm feeling rubbish because I have a cold again which doesn't help but when you get told you have to start your bodice over it makes me want to cry. The fabrics are stretching out of place too much and aren't lying flat enough. I now have to make the back out of cotton drill, don't bone it until its finished and back all fabric pieces. 2 days work basically down the toilet. At this stage its more than a bit annoying. The tutu and skirt fit great however and so I can just bind the edges, add the pom-poms and attach to the skirt. Done and done. We tried on the walk down costume which only needs some tacking and some big sleeves added in which will only take me an hour if that. However I got told today that I now have to make the wings from scratch. Something I was not expecting and was kinda annoyed that I hadn't been told sooner. I'll have to start work on them next week.

Tasks started:  Start to think about wings and how to construct them, think about tights, finishing of top skirt with binding and attaching to tutu construction. Re-make bodice from scratch.

Tasks completed: final fitting

Learned: Never say something done until its packaged away on the truck. Try to fit things wile doing them, its annoying to take 5 steps back but it saves problems in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment