Monday 11 November 2013

Panto Day 5 (Learning curve)

Date: 15/10/2013 

Well the fitting went much better than I thought. Lots of changes to be make but they are all fixable. The next thing was to think about splitting up the modified bodice. Now that I'd met my actress it did make it easier to imagian how to should be shaped to suit her. It also showed me how much shape I had to work with. We also came to the conclusion that to make the fairy look more fantastic that the tutu underskirt would have to be bigger.I ran into problems when sewing the panels together as separate pieces, making sure they came to a proper point, having them not pucker etc. After spending the day on it, it was decided that I would do it a different way. I was grateful but disappointed because I'd spend so much time on it, made it feel like a waste of time but I know in the long run it's the right thing to do. So now I'm making up a basic bodice and sewing the panels into of it with a top stitch. Makes it a lot easier with the fabrics I will be using.
Tasks started: Started to think about the size of the wings. Look into how wings can be made and attached to the costume.  Make a bigger tutu under skirt.

Tasks completed: Completed first fitting and changing the pattern to fit the changes. Finished making a second mock up of the top. Finished making other adjustments and drew on panels for the bodice. Make up practise panel bodice.

Learned: Panels are so challenging when you make them up on a dummy. Making sure the lines meet up when tracking them onto a pattern. Put on markers for lining up the pattern when sewing.





No comments:

Post a Comment