Thursday 21 November 2013

Panto Day 16 The Final Days

Date: 20-21/11/13

I feel like this costume is starting to come together. I'm so happy about how its turning out. The bodice came together very quickly I think because I'd had practise with the first ones and tacking the pieces before starting to sew it together on the machine. I really think I could finish this tomorrow apart from the fastenings, pom poms and boning which I can do next week. Hopefully I'll do the tights and wings next week.

Tasks started:  Start to think about wings and how to construct them, think about tights.Make up bodice sleeves.

Tasks completed: Finished full skirt apart from fastenings and pom poms. Finished bodice with all panels.

Learned:How to put on binding very quickly. Back everything that would stretch with iron on interfacing. Be careful about smoothing the top skirt down when attaching the bodice.


No comments:

Post a Comment