Monday 4 November 2013

The Beginning

Date: 4/10/13

A new year a new start. Didn't get off to a great start with being ill for three day. Such is life. First day back dived head first into Panto. The days I'd missed had been late nights so I'll have to catch up on those. Had to pick a costume from the ones that were left. I went for the Flora Fairy costume as I thought it would be simpler for my first Panto costume. The Damas costumes would have been fun but I was very nervous that I might not be up to the challenge. We started by finding similar pattern blocks which could be used to make the patterns. from there we started to adapt them.

Tasks started: Start to mock up the bodice and break down the final shapes.

Tasks completed: Found patterns relating to the costumes to be manipulated. Looked out fabric and matched it to were they will be on the final costume. Asked the design questions relating to the design(size of wings, back of costume etc...).

Learned: Ask lots of questions and ask for help when you're not sure, Think in simple shapes when breaking down, Think of the costume as a whole not just sections. Don't be afraid to make suggestions in relation to where you think fabrics should go and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment